Monday, June 18, 2007

a walk to the creek





I went on a wonderful little ramble yesterday when we were all at Aunt Emma and Uncle Kevin's. The quietness and beauty of the woods was renewing to mind and body. The trail was wound down into a wooded ravine. The soft grasses felt good under bare feet. Dark dragonflies flitted past and birds sang from the trees. At the bottom of the hill ran a creek, quietly slipping down to meet others of its kind. At one point there was a little waterfall where the creek ran over a small ledge of rocks and twigs...gurgling and splashing. I love that sound. I could have stayed there for hours.

3 comments:

Charity Dawn said...

That looks like a beautiful place to take a ramble through the woods! It's like there should be a storyline somewhere in those pictures.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post!! How wonderful. It's even more beautiful then you said. I so wish I could have been there. But these pictures do wonders for the imagination. :) Thank you for keeping the camera ever ready for those of us you were unable to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

O KATYA!!! I love it!! I wish I could have gone with you and seen it!! I can just imagine what it was like! How wonderfully calming!! thanks for taking pictures so that we can see and imagine it.