Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Strawberry-Carrot Cake

I have had a few requests for this recipe so I thought that I would post it here in case any of the rest of you would like to try it. Mama has made this cake for me for the past 10-ish years, and each time I eat it I remember why it is my favorite. :) It is so delicious. I hope you enjoy trying it.

Strawberry-Carrot Cake

1 cup carrots, finely shredded
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup buttermilk
½ cup walnuts, chopped
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup strawberries, finely chopped
2 ½ cups flour
1 ¾ cups packed brown sugar
Strawberry-Cream Cheese Glaze

Grease and flour bundt cake pan. Beat all ingredients except strawberries and glaze in large bowl on low speed 45 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Fold in strawberries; pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely. Spoon glaze onto cake. Refrigerate remaining cake.

Strawberry-Cream Cheese Glaze:
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon mashed strawberries
¾ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup powdered sugar

Beat all ingredients except sugar on low speed until blended. Gradually add sugar. Drizzle over cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear, sweet, Katie Rose, I am so inspired by your blog. How do you do it all?? I have you on my bookmarks bar so I can be a regular visiter if that's o.k. You make everything look so delicious!!
Auntie Dortie

Charity Dawn said...

I think that I'm going to copy this recipe. It sounds very yummy! Maybe I'll try making it when my mom and sisters come to visit.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. Now I can make it all by myself. :) Yumm!