Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Kitchen Joys

I just made a delightful discovery this evening while musing on ways to beautify my kitchen sink area. A small glass vinegar jar ("Bragg's" brand at least) is just the right size to receive the squirty lid from a plastic Ivory dish soap bottle! The cap just screwed right onto the glass bottle. So now I can use my Ivory soap from this lovely bottle. A couple of shakes dispenses just the right amount of soap. No modernish plastic and wearing-off labels. The sunshine will shine through it so that I can see all of the little air bubbles in my soap. Beautiful. I am thrilled. I also found a way to store my dish washing cloths...clean and folded and neat in my nifty enamelware pie plate/hanging basket thing. I look forward to keeping my sink area clean so I can enjoy these new changes in all of their rustic homeyness.

5 comments:

Charity Dawn said...

Wow Katie! You never cease to amaze me with your creative homemaking skills! I love the dish soap and dish cloth ideas!

Melissa said...

How deliciously 'Hidden Art'. Can you hardly wait to do dishes? Way to live beautifully, Kat. Love you, Mama.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the cleaverness of you!! I'm so glad you can come up with these beautiful ideas and then I can copy them. tee hee! Love to you and your husband Sweet Girl!

Anonymous said...

What fun. I'm sure you will have much more fun doing dishes now. I'm sure I would. :) I love the jar with pretty clear soup and the way neat-o way to keep all your clean wash cloths together and dry!!I love it!!! I'm sure it's a joy to walk into your kitchen and see something so fun that you've made! Yay!!

Michal said...

This is so you, and such a great idea :) I am reminded whenever I read Proverbs 31 that the verses talk about her well-made and beautiful clothes and furnishings for herself and her household- I'd say beautifying the kitchen fits in nicely :)