Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fun with Beads...my candle lantern

Yesterday I was inspired to try out a new project...so in the evening while my man was working on some things here at the desk, I started. For this particular project I wanted green seed beads, which I had but were mixed in with a lot of other colors in my little jar of beads. So, I decided to try to use a nice pedestal cake plate that I had to sort all of the green beads out. It worked well, so in a couple of hours I had all of the little green beads picked up with a pair of tweezers and put into my little bowl!
Then, after the beads were sorted, I took a clean jar (from peanut butter, actually!) and copper wire that I had just polished, and worked with it until I had it so that the wire was holding the jar securely and making some pretty spirals....
This morning I was able to have lots of fun stringing the green beads onto floral wire and making different sorts of designs on the sides of the jar between the copper wire (just so that there is some sparkle when I put a candle in it!). I like how it turned out. I might have to make another one! :)

3 comments:

Katya said...

This is me (hehe) just testing to see how my comment comes up, now that I made some changes to my profile!

Leah said...

Hey! Those are sooo cool! you're have to show me how to make one so I can have one in my room. *wink* Luv you tons and tons!


~*Leah*~

Ana said...

I love your pictures. The lights, and beads and all!! It's great!! I love the little jar!!!!!