Wednesday, February 21, 2007

49 degrees!

This noon when my man left to go back to work after dinner, I had a chance to step outside and breathe in our fresh, warm air. It was 49 degrees outside by the thermometer on our garage, and it felt wonderful! I was able to open a window on our porch to let some of the fresh air into the house (which felt so good...a person doesn't always realize how much they miss having the windows open!). And then, of course, I had to go outside and feel the warm, sunny sidewalk under my bare toes. (I am not the sort of person who likes wearing shoes, which makes winter a rather trying time for my toes ;).) I splashed through icy puddles and enjoyed the way that the sun was shining on everything. I can't wait to start gardening again!! I know that this is only a temporary thaw (certainly not Spring), but I am so glad that I had the opportunity to enjoy the fresh air and warm sunshine. God is good to bring joys such as these into our lives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so warm today! I drove up town with my windows open! :) It was really warm and your pictures do very good at showing how warm it was. Your pictures are so cute! I love the footprints!!! :)