Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday evening

I have a few mosquito bites now, but the effort was well worth it. I spent the last couple of hours dreaming over and working on a little mossy shade garden that I want to start on the north side of my house. I want a corner that reminds me of a little sun-dappled clearing in the woods. Probably a lot of that inspiration has come from the most recent book I’ve read, Freckles by Gene Stratton Porter. I loved it so much! My little garden isn’t picture worthy yet, really, but already I'm finding its mossy-ness restful to me. :)

I haven’t blogged for several days, as you can see. This past week was rather full, since my little Greta Rose is working on some teeth right now and needs a bit more attention. My treasure is sleeping a lot better during the day now than she was in the middle of the week, so I have been able to get a couple of things caught up better. Right now I think she thinks it’s time to go to bed for the night—she’s been soundly asleep for the last three hours.

Despite a few hours of sad baby that needed to be rocked this past week (which of course ministered wonderfully to my desire to snuggle and noonie my precious girl!), we have had a very good week. Here are some of the pictures that I’ve taken here and there:









~*~ ~*~ ~*~



















2 comments:

Michal said...

Oh, what a beautiful Rosebud! Those pictures are so absolutely a gorgeously adorable! :-)
I love Freckles, too- in fact, I'm reading it right now :-) Delightful. I LOVE old books. :-) Your mossy garden corner will be so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I grew up in love with Girl of the Limberlost and did not discover Freckles until 2 years ago!Imagine my joy to learn who the Swamp Angel is! Those books have influenced my garden style too -probably started me on the path to appreciating multi-legged members of God's creation as well!

I enjoy checking in here to watch your Rosebud grow and to enjoy the little glimpses of beauty you do so well.