Monday, June 2, 2008

garden beauties

My man worked hard this weekend to beautify our place. Friday was spent doing some shopping together as a threesome in a bigger town some miles away. Saturday morning was spent putting some of the materials bought to good use in our patio garden. Caleb built a beautiful lattice fence to add interest to our patio and for me to grow things up and around. It is so very lovely. He also set up our lovely waterfall made of little half barrels and a [working] pump. I now get to have the sound of trickling water in my garden! Greta watched her Daddy work and squinted at the sunlight. Despite my efforts to keep her hat on always when in the sun, her little nose and cheeks are sun-kissed.
The lattice fence has a super-duper frame of solid 2x4's that are perfectly level and quite straight. (The curves in the photo are just due to the angle at which I took it.) It won't be going anywhere anytime soon!

2 comments:

beth said...

i think you need some beans or some ivy crawling up that lattice... or morning glories - don't they climb?

Kat said...

Exactly what I think!