Friday, August 15, 2008

::'~ a sisterly visit & pictures

Caleb's sweet sisters Ana and Leah came over for a visit yesterday, which unfortunately is something that doesn't happen very often despite the fact that we live within walking distance (busy schedules and whatnot). We had a lovely time. They were even able to stay for supper and the evening. Greta was charming (a good thing--she's such a mommie's girl that sometimes she's not so sure about company!) I got to use Ana's camera for the duration of the visit and so was able to quell some of my longing to take pictures. :)
(Auntie's skirt was bee-yew-tiful)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
~*~ . ~*~ . ~*~
My favorite subject for picturage is, as always, my little Rosebud. She is growing so fast. I know everyone said she would (and I believed them), but I cannot believe the difference from day-to-day. It’s not like she waits a week to learn another charming little thing to do. She has now found her tongue and works ever so hard to turn it around in her mouth when she talks to me in order to make different sounds. She spends a good deal of time on her tummy now when she plays on the floor and tries to scoot herself forward. Sewing scissors are not safe, even on the far side of the living room because she has shifted into ‘explore gear’ even if she can’t crawl yet. She rolls everywhere that she wants to go. Her thumb and her bunny are her favorite comfort things, after her mommie and daddy.

These mornings have been extra cool (this morning was 57 when I came downstairs to make breakfast), so Greta has been wearing her little pullover purpley polar fleece hoodie and socks in the morning. Even so, her toes were getting cold, so yesterday morning I made her a pair of reversible cloth slippers (using this tutorial and making the pattern bigger) and they turned out very well. The inside is a lovely blue polar fleece, so they should be cozy for her. I plan to make her a couple more pairs as time allows.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.














(I stole your picture of them on her footsies, Ana!)



~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Other things around my home:




Next to my rocker ~'::
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sage :: kombucha (fermenting on the left and to drink on the right) :: phlox, tomatoes and sunshine

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:: Mommie's girl ::

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my word. The cuteness. Where do I begin? I think with a 'thank you' to Ana for the use of her camera! That way this Mimi gets to see sweet Greta while blog-watching from the little house on the prairie!:-) Thank you for sharing it through words and pictures. How delightful to see everything from that baby smile to those little be-slippered toes to your own dear face, Kat. It looks as if it was a lovely, sisterly day indeed.
Love you to pieces!
Mama

Leah said...

Katie, I had so much fun! Thank you for allowing us to come and spend a very cozy afternoon with you and Greta Rosie! What wonderful pictures. The Kombucha was delicious as well. :) Love you Katie! :)

Ana said...

Kat,
Thank you so much for the fun, wonderful time we had!!! It was so great to spend sometime with you. And then be able to spend time with Caleb as we watched our movie. :) Thanks again. I hope it's not as long in between this time and the next.