Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Precious

My little girl has fallen asleep for a good nap now for the first time since nine this morning. I have put her to sleep since then, but she’d always wake right back up again. A noise or a tummy-bubble or some such thing would interrupt. So a little bit ago I put her in the living room to play, since she was obviously tired and not liking her bouncy seat (she was making loud noises and fake coughing sounds to get my attention!) I gave her some toys to play with, and she had a nice time rolling around and exploring. Just now I looked over at her and saw that she had fallen asleep in the middle of playing with a little rag doll. She had rolled onto her side to play with the dolly. Her fingers are holding onto the little dolly’s braids, and her thumb is in her mouth. The little denim jumper she had on today is scrunched up from her exploring, and you can see her pink onesie over her little farm-animal-print diaper cover. Chubby legs are lying where they had been when they were trying to scoot her along, one knee bent, toes pushing into the carpet. Sound asleep.

And I don’t have a working camera.
Aaahch.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, delightful word picture! What a sweet thing for her to just drift off in the middle of play. That seems like something an adorable and contented and well-loved little baby would do!

Give her some kisses from Mimi when she wakes up. Love you girls!

Charity Dawn said...

Thank you for sharing that picture with us! She definitely is precious!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOO I want you to have your camera back!!! Can you use a cell phone? I may go inot withdrawel here!

Paula said...

Dear Katya,

Beautifully written! I could imagine just how your sweet Greta looked! She is so adorable!

I pray you will get a camera soon.
Have a blessed day!
Paula