Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Chair

Greta got a treasure of a high chair last week—a lovely retro one with the precious little doggie decal still in good condition. It’s a lovely honey color and is very sturdy. I had to spend a few hours cleaning it up, scraping and scrubbing, but after that and a good rub down with some olive oil it gleams. It must not have been used an awful lot, considering how many years it’s been around, since it’s not very worn. I am so pleased to have this chair for my girlie. It’s about time for Greta to start having her soft-boiled egg yolk and sea salt! I am not in a hurry; as with any stage of motherhood, along with the delight in her growth and development will come a wee bit o’ mourning for those “only noonies” days. That’s how it is, says Pooh, says he.

3 comments:

Leah said...

O I love that chair! Greta shall have some very good use out of it. I remember playing with it at church. I love it so much!

Anonymous said...

VERY nice! Can I suggest adding a little piece of that rubbery shelf protector stuff (for cupboards?) on the seat to stop her soft clothes from facilitating a little sliiiiide down and out the front? works like a charm!

Elisabeth said...

Aww ... SO cute! :) Greta will look adorable sitting in the seat. I love how you're loving EVERY season of motherhood - it's inspiring! :)