Monday, April 28, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I found this meme on The Simple Woman blog which is where it originated and is hosted. I liked the look of it and thought I would give it a try today. :)



FOR TODAY

Outside My Window... There is Blue sky with white clouds and a bit of sunshine—a welcome change after the rain, sleet and snow of last week. It still is only in the low forties, though, so it’s a little too chilly to take my Rosebud outside with me to work on the garden. A pity, since I am anxious to make it lovely out there.

I am thinking... About making embroidered farmgirl summer shawls and camping in the northwoods. :)

I am thankful for...
The start of another week with a wonderful man and a chubby, dimply little girl to make a home for. My little girl is such good company during the day while my man is at work!

From the kitchen... A fresh pitcher of sweet iced tea and plans to have leftover barbecued pork and sour cream potatoes that Mama made for our supper tonight.

I am wearing... My nursing dress that I finished late Saturday night out of a lovely blue calico. I love this “Catherine’s Choice” pattern from Baker’s Lane.

I am creating... Can I rephrase this? I am longing to create by God’s grace through the power of Christ’s Spirit… A home whose atmosphere is full of the Spirit of Christ, whose lifeblood is the Word of God and whose heart overflows with praises to our God for His mercy.How woefully my focus falls short of this…

I am going... To go pour myself a glass of iced tea!

I am reading... About natural mothering and farmgirl projects.

I am hoping... For the Lord’s continued grace to be given to me to be full of more and more Love for those that Christ died for.

I am hearing... The whirr of the air purifier in my kitchen and the soft sound of my wind chimes blowing in the wind outside my closed window. Also an occasional grunting noise from my sleepy Button.

Around the house...
Clean diapers in the washing machine to be dried, a fire in the wood stove that needs to be stirred up, a load of towels that needs to be folded and put away.

One of my favorite things... Is the smell of my baby’s milk-breath.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Begin Pilates again :), sort through my summer clothes from last year, catch up on laundry from the weekend, dream about summer gardening, spend time looking in Greta’s eyes and talking to her (she loves that!), go look at my man’s completed cabinet project in all of its beauty (I may have to show you all some pictures).

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
a quiet kitchen

5 comments:

peggy, the simple woman said...

What a beautiful daybook! Thank you for taking part!~ Hope you join us each Monday!.
Blessings~~

Anonymous said...

Hi,
How wonderful. I have enjoyed my visit.
Blessings,
Elizabeth

meg said...

A lovely enrty~ thank you for sharing a glimpse of your world :-)

Regina said...

Oh, what a lovely post! I felt so good just reading it! This was my first time as well!
Thanks for sharing your day!
Regina
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/clotheslinepoet/

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I enjoyed your post and your blog.