Wednesday, April 9, 2008

a little sweater


My Greta Rose is one month old today!
I love you little girlie. ~'::
.
I love to dress my little rosebud in dresses. We went looking for some in the right size for her last weekend, my man and I. We were pleased to find spring sales! The only thing is that they're all short-sleeved or sleeveless dresses, and it is difficult to find long sleeved shirts or onesies to go under them. Don't people know that little girls get chilly in the spring? We found a little white sweater at Walmart, but it was of a seriously unromantic design and closed in the front with snaps. Snaps on a wide cotton-twill ribbon sewn onto the edge of the sweater, covering up the little scallops on the sweater and making the edge stiff (I tried snapping them all to hide this, but then you can't see the bodice of the dress she is wearing). So I removed the Twill Ribbon of Snaps. (All but the top one, that is, to secure the sweater.) I also wanted to prettify it, so I crocheted some lace for the bottom edge (hoping that it would help the ribbing lay down too...I have no intention of ironing it every time it comes out of the wash!) and sewed some pearly buttons and a pink ribbon on it as well. It is much improved now, I think. :)

2 comments:

Ashleigh Baker said...

What a sweet mama you are, dear precious Katya. The sweater is beautiful. Ah, I hope the Lord graces us with the presence of our own little girlie someday... although John and I frequently say we can picture ourselves with a half dozen boys around our table one day. :)

Ana said...

I love the polka-dots!!! How adorable is that? I love the lace on the sweater too!! It's so fun!