Monday, April 28, 2008

Isn't it supposed to be spring?

Saturday morning ... and my sheets are frozen to the clothesline. There was no way to remove them. So much for cleaning out the boat last weekend when it was in the 70's!














Do you see the lovely print of the front of our car in this snowdrift? Yeah. Hard winds from the west, inches of icy slush on the road. The roads were quite treacherous. The only aggravating thing about it was not being able to immediately get to the hot breakfast that awaited us once we did make it to my folks' house. :) Greta Rose was ready for a nap when her Grandpa and his brother came to rescue us with the pickup. We were close to the farm so we didn't have long to wait. We did make it to the delicious breakfast Mama made. Her homemade sausage and pancakes are out-of-this-world. Oh, yes... and the Rosebud got to have snuggle time with the Grandpa who rescued her. :)


I had a most lovely time visiting my family's house with my man and Rosebud!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Sweet Katya~ (my little red tulip ;) )

Okay, first I would like to be eating your Mama's yummy cooking, but that goes without saying, right?
BUT this picture of your little Rosebud with her Grandpa?? Oh, be still my heart! SOO precious! If it's possible, she is more beautiful every time I see her. I get to hold her soon!! :)