Thursday, April 24, 2008

It seems like just overnight everything got a light covering of green. Trees I was looking at just the other morning and wondering if they were going to bud soon now have a lovely covering of little green beginnings-of-leaves. The spring rain has started its steady fall, pattering on the sidewalks and house roofs and bringing with it soft thunder. All of the little plants will appreciate the watering. I am excited to see my herbs coming up already. I hope to encourage them to grow well and spread this summer because I would like to harvest and dry some of them to make tinctures and poultices for natural home remedies. Mama got the new “Making Herbs Simple” dvd from The Bulk Herb Store that we had been looking at for a while now, and I have been much inspired by the watching of it. I am dreaming up ways and places to dry and store. I am glad that my flower beds are not full yet; I will be able to plant herbs in the spaces left to me. Ah, lovely thought.

However, lovely thoughts must now translate into clean dishes and a scrubbed bathroom while the Rosebud sleeps. :)

No comments: