Wednesday, January 30, 2008

frozen

This is the inside of my porch storm door this morning at 6:55a. That is saying quite a bit because there is really not a big barrier between [the inside of] my house and this little porch where we stack our wood. When I came downstairs this morning to start the wood stove I was glad that my sweet younger brother had helped me by carrying wood into the house yesterday afternoon. Yesterday was cold too; a forty degree difference from Monday. The thick frost on the porch windows never did melt, and the wind made strange creaking and moaning noises around the house all day. :) It makes me so very glad for my warm little home. I will have to make sure that dinner is a warming sort of meal for my man today. ~'::
*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

* * * * *

::Later:: Ok, yeah... So this is why I'm still warm inside. A mountain of glowing coals. The 'crackle' of the fire sounds more like the tinkling of glass.

No comments: