Monday, April 9, 2007

~A Wonderful Weekend...part one~

My man and I had a wonderful time visiting our friends Seth and Charity in the Granite Falls area this weekend. It is always such a treat to spend some time with them. They live [sort of] between where my man and I live and the town we were in for my grandparents' fiftieth party, so we just drove to their house after the party on Friday evening and stayed through until Sunday afternoon (when we all drove a hour down the road to my parents farm for Resurrection Sunday dinner with my family and my man's family).

Saturday was so much fun...the guys worked on wiring S & C's computer to have Internet (!) while Charity and I got to cook dinner together (which was so enjoyable!). We played some games (and then I used the pieces to make "Scrabble art" ;)), chatted about all sorts of things, took pictures, and then decided to go to a nearby town to go bowling. Bowling was an interesting experience for me because I only have a vague memory of going bowling once before when I was quite little...so, needless to say, I was not the one winning! (I'll save myself the humiliation of posting the scores ;). ) But it was so much fun to do it together...and I really enjoyed bowling, despite my lack of natural talent for it! We rented a couple of movies, got to see (and hold!) their beautiful little [brand-new baby] niece, and then came back to their cozy home for pizza. They made us another delicious late-night drink with strawberries in it (somewhat like a punch/smoothie/Orange-Julius-only-not thing...I'm not sure what you'd call it, but it was good...strawberry-y and fizzy, and blitzed with some ice). (pics:~'Stir Fry' for dinner...bowling shoes...the yummy Strawberry drink~)

On Resurrection Sunday morning we all went together to their church for a fellowship breakfast that their pastor made and a good sermon. It was good to be able to worship with some others of the Lord's children...an encouragement to see God's work in Granite.

After church we split up~the guys in the truck and us girls in our car~and both drove to my parent's farm for dinner...I'll post pictures of that in just a bit... It was such a delight to be with them! I am so thankful to God for fellowship like that.

::'~The Girls~'::











->The Guys<-

4 comments:

Emmachka said...

Such a wonderful time - yay! I'm holding my breath for the Easter Sunday pictures, of course. :) By the way, is that an OCC hat on Caleb's head? We watch that show over here sometimes on Discovery... Paul Sr. cracks me up. Like my Dad on drugs! Love you both so much...
Emma

Kat said...

Emma~ Definately an OCC hat...C also has a cool poster with one of their choppers on it (and them of course!) up in his office at work. Apparently they used the same drawing program that he uses at work to design that bike... We don't have cable tv, so the only time I've ever seen their show was when we were staying at a hotel or something. ;)
Love you back!
~Katya

Anonymous said...

Oh Kat, I love the pictures. It's so fun to see your weekend!! It's the best! your pictures are really cool too!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you could be here! It was such a wonderful time. You both are always such a blessing and encouragement to us. Love you!
Charity