Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"[I]t is beyond all ordinary rules that I, a poor, helpless, undone sinner, should find grace to bear about in my soul the indwelling Spirit of the Lord Jesus.  I, who once despaired, as well I might, for my nature was as dry, and withered, and barren, and accursed as a howling wilderness, even I have been made to bring forth fruit unto holiness.  Well may my mouth be filled with joyous laughter, because of the singular, surprising grace which I have received of the Lord, for I have found Jesus, the promised seed, and He is mine for ever.This day I will lift up psalms of triumph unto the Lord who has remembered my low estate...."

~ C.H.Spurgeon
from Morning & Evening
(June 15, Morning)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glory!

Jodi said...

Amen! And how wonderful it is to know that there's more to come.