Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Baby Herbs

Can you see them? They are in the little clay pots on top of my canisters! Aren't they adorable? I got them as a Christmas present. Basil, Parsley, Marjoram, and Thyme. I love herbs. They are about long enough to start snipping and using in things!
The quote inside my little shadowbox on the wall is a reminder to me from Brother Lawrence:
"I possess God as tranquility in the bustle of my kitchen...as if I were on my knees before the blessed sacrament....It is not necessary to have great things to do. I turn my little omelet in the pan for the love of God....When I cannot do anything else, it is enough for me to have lifted a straw from the earth for the love of God." ~ from Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
It is my wish that I would daily learn more of what it is to give everything that I do as a gift to God, in worship of Him.

No comments: