Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hungry Planet

Another book from my library stack: Hungry Planet. By Peter Menzel and Faith D'Aluisio. It has been a real favorite for a while now. I was introduced to it in the usual way that I find my favorite books--Mama bringing it home from the library. We've really enjoyed an earlier book by these same people, Material World, but enjoy this one even more. This time around I am reading it straight through from the beginning, reading every word and drinking in the pictures of these different families. It gives perspective to see what life is like for people in other places. To see the facets of culture and tradition, to see the pattern of life and work and the family table, to see the glaring contrast between the little that some live on and the excess that others of us think we need. I hope and pray that I will live my days so very thankful to God for what I have.


Rice Bowls

3 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, I love that book. A real eye-opener, isn't it? I was fascinated to see the cost of things, too. Yes, I'm grateful, too!

Michal said...

That looks like a good book! I wonder if our library has it... it is so good to be reminded of what we have and what we can do to help, isn't it?
I love you, sweet cousin :)

Paula said...

Dear Katya,

This looks like a wonderful book. Thank you for sharing. I hope and pray to live all my days thankful to God for what I have too. I am so very blessed!
Have a lovely day!
Paula