Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Advent

"O Source of all good,
What shall I render to thee for the gift of gifts, thine own dear Son...
Herein is wonder of wonders:
he came below to raise me above,
was born like me that I might become like him...
O God, take me in spirit to the watchful shepherds,
and enlarge my mind:
let me hear good tidings of great joy,
and hearing, believe, rejoice, praise, adore,
my conscience bathed in an ocean of repose,
my eyes uplifted to a reconciled Father;
place me with ox, ass, camel, goat,
to look with them upon my Redeemer's face,
and in him account myself delivered from sin;
let me with Simeon clasp the new-born child
to my heart,
embrace him with undying faith,
exulting that he is mine and I am his.
In him thou hast given me so much
that heaven can give no more."

~ From The Valley of Vision

No comments: