Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Family Christmas, part the 1st

Better late than never, right?  I think so! 

Christmas Eve
with my family

Sibling fellowship is such a joy.

So is having great uncles!

Mama & co.'s lovely tree.

Must share the joy of my new cookbooks!

A familiar and loved sight: Mama in the kitchen.

My sweet table-setting helper-girl.  Such the best buddy.

Mama and Livi preparing supper.  Chef and sous-chef.

Pa and my Josiah-boy. 
Pa knows how to keep teething little ones happy!

Caleb and Will had fun with Caleb's new toys tools.
It sure sounded good!
("Georgie")

Beloved place and sight.



 We don't even make it to Mimi's house before Greta tells me, "Mimi havs dough foh me!"
Mimi always 'havs' dough around and is so fun 'cause she shares it!

Merry Christmas from all of us!
 
L'chaim!

 Beef Burgundy, our Christmas Eve tradition, with Will's venison!
Wow.  Delicious.

Back inside from caroling, time for treats and presents.

Eggnog, an annual delight, with agave!  Yum & yum.

Evening goodies

Family present exchanges are such blessed times. The love in each gift overwhelms.

"The Art of Dairy Delights".  All her own.  Oh, joy.

The Old Peabody Pew, gorgeously old and perfect, but she doesn't know that yet...

Silas of all doggie handsomeness

I love these guys!


*****
Unto us a Child is born...

Mercy.  Joy!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think that looking through these pictures, along with your words, is one of the best Christmas presents ever! Thank you, with all my heart for taking the time to 'scrapbook' this Christmas Eve. You've blessed me so much. I love you, Kat.
Hugs,
Mama

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Your family blesses me, deeply. Thank you for sharing it.

I love Greta saying "Mimi havs dough foh me!" Precious girl.