Friday, April 30, 2010

We've had a couple of cloudy days this week, which means sewing time. :) I know I won't have any time to do such a thing in a couple of months, so I'm using the opportunities I have to use up fabric remnants and scraps for things that we could use around the house. My sewing machine quit working in the middle of Monday's project--very sad--but thankfully I have most obliging family in town who let me borrow theirs (which I do plan on bringing back to you...soon, I'm sure). ~'::

:: Bits and pieces into a summer shawl~
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
:: My sewing buddy (very important element)~
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
,
:: Remnants into pillowcases~
(several of mine are wearing out at the same time)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.::: A little-man pillow with trains...taken apart, washed & ironed, sewn back together~

6 comments:

Fred & Leon said...

I love, love, love the summer shawl, Katie!!! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! :)

~Emily

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Very sweet projects...you have inspired me to do some pillow cases out of remnant fabric in my huge stash of bits!

Melissa said...

LOVE. the pillowcases! Faded blueness. Is that mini rickrack? stitching? gorgeous. And I already gushed over that turquoise and brown shawl thingy in person, so I'll desist. And the little man train pillow? So sweet! Happy anticipation! Can't wait to kiss, kiss, kiss that sewing helper girl, either.

Julian said...

very sweet Katie, and the little man pillow especially. Greta is so cute! Her eyes say lots!:)
Beautiful stash. Enjoy these last few weeks:)
Blessings, christina

Margo said...

oooh, smart pillowcases. I guess I just buy sheet sets, but I love that I could inject a bit of color and personality into my personal spaces.

Sorry about your machine. I hope it's fixable.

ladyfelicity said...

I love the combinations of the fabrics and colours in your quilt and pillow cases! Your pictures are so inspiring. I want to find some remnants and crochet some lace now ...

I've been given a sweet blog award and have to pass it on to five bloggers - and thought of you at once. I hope you enjoy the award!