Saturday, April 10, 2010

from the scrap bag ~'::

I recently received a box of fabric bits and pieces from my man's sister Leah. Thursday I brought out the treasures that I kept from it and was inspired to make some lovely bits to feather the nest with.

As soon as I saw the beautifully hand sewn bias-tape hemming on this piece of turquoise-blue gingham I knew that I wanted to try to keep it as such and in a place where I could enjoy it. I decided to make a little curtain for Greta's room at the top of the stairs. There was just enough of it between the worn places to make a sweet semi-straight valance. There was even white fabric with eyelet lace to make a petticoat for it. I am delighted with it!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
~'::

My other little project was a patchwork pillow for my bed. I loved the fabric bits, and I love them even more together. It was relaxing to have a bit of hand sewing to do in the evenings to finish it. My bedroom is all the more inviting because of it.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Darling. I love it when you get in a handsewing mood.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Very sweet pillow and valance!

Carissa said...

Hi! I have been reading your blog for a while, but have never commented. I finally have a blog of my own now and thought I would stop by and say hello! I love the curtains and little pillow you made!

Julian said...

sew insopiring and beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
christina

Margo said...

oh I just love playing with patchwork and with scraps - so satisfying to make something beautiful.
And gingham! I love that gingham curtain and its sweet petticoat.

Leah said...

I am so glad that you were able to use the fabric. :D It makes me happy looking at what you come up with...