Thursday, April 14, 2011

Color therapy

During those last weekends of acute cabin-fever, before the temperatures started hanging out around a more moderate 40 degrees, Caleb and I indulged in some happy redo-ing of our bathroom.  We haven't done much with this bathroom since we moved in: Caleb made shelves, and I kept it [mostly] clean, but that was pretty much it.  Oh, and put in vinyl flooring; that was a big improvement (carpet in bathroom = bad idea).  February helps you realize things...like color is imperative for mental health and happiness, and pea-green bathroom walls would be nice.  We had fun and are so pleased with our happy green and brown bathroom



The "Before" picture,
complete with carpet, though lacking the
walls grayed with woodsmoke at the last







Before
(one would hope)





(And the curtains have been properly sewn since I took these pictures!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Great work Caleb and Katie. Love the picture of the chub! -Jennifer Jones

Jodi said...

Boy oh boy, I know exactly what you mean. February is when I usually start experimenting with color and rearranging the furniture, and all that has to do with cabin fever. I think the bathroom is beautiful - good choice!

Melissa said...

Love it!

Julian said...

i really like it! Color does wonders, yes!:)
christina

janae said...

go green! love it, i have a green bano and its my fav!

Leah said...

Your bathroom looks *brilliant*! You always pick the most delicious colors! And the picture of the little chub, ohmyword, I think I sat and smiled and talked to it for about 10 minutes the first time I saw it. :)

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh, it's lovely! The green really makes it a fresh and lovely space!

Anonymous said...

Lovely!