Thursday, June 18, 2009

In the garden ~'::


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Our new garden
.
Unfortunately I don't have a before picture to show you. I guess I don't take pictures of that side of the house. :) Caleb and I envisioned it one evening over supper on the front step and started it the next weekend. The next day maybe? We're like that. Caleb had his smoker to work on so his mama and sister came to help me, later others to help haul sod away. Caleb kicked two extension cords into the right shape and I, with Greta in the Ergo, started cutting out the sod. :) It has been many weeks of work on it. Tilling, hauling bricks to edge, planning the walkways and beds, planting seeds and transplants from family, scavenging at the town compost site for rocks for my paths (again with my man's mom and sisters). Now it's weeding that I do, and laying down grass clippings and picking fresh spinach. It's starting to look so lovely! Caleb even bought a bird bath last weekend. I can see it out my living room and bedroom windows, and when it rains the raindrops make lovely little dancing patterns in it.
.
(Pictures of the first day digging are at the bottom of the post)



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
***
Caleb built a long raised bed south of our garage for the tomatoes. They seem much happier with their new growing spot and are getting lots of sun and rain. We have onions and beets in that bed too.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
* * * * *
Digging our new garden 4/24:
My helper-girl, of all the cuteness that could ever be:






.
.
.
.
.
.
.








.
.
.
.
.
.
.







Greta and Grandma Connie:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


The Dude, alternately welding and checking our progress:


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Greta in the Ergo, Mommie ready to dig:

.
After the day's work:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
~'::
.
I love our place!

3 comments:

Nadine said...

All your gardens are lovely! What fun to have different little gardens for all your different veggies & flowers! Thank you for sharing!
~Blessings!

Melissa said...

Just beautiful. It's amazing how far your garden has come in these weeks. It reminds me of a woodland fairy tale every time. Like the inside of your house does. It's lovely. What dear people your inlaws are. Good neighbors and excellent garden diggers among other blessednesses! And that little Greta. Honestly.

Nikki said...

How lovely! The garden is huge! And to think, you just started it kind of on a whim! You two are very motivated.