Tuesday, June 15, 2010

dresser

While garage-sale-ing with Charity this spring I found a dresser for the babies' bedroom! I had been hoping to find one. This one was a nice diminutive size for my half-story upstairs but had plenty of drawers for a couple of little people. It was in fairly good shape, though I didn't like the old dark laminate and loud, brass handles. :) I brought it home with me and the next day Caleb and Olivia helped me to sand and paint it a lovely creamy color. With new drawer-paper and knobs it is just perfect! Rosie-posie has the bottom three drawers and the little man will have the top two (well, already does...his clothes are all in there).

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


... ~ :: ~ ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
:: tiny person things washed and ready to go...my lovely morning buddy...25 cent garage sale crib quilt that I love ::
... ~ :: ~ ...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Greta holds out her "camera" (a piece of brick) and says to me "Smile!" --("Smi-nohl!").

6 comments:

Margo said...

you got a quilt you love for 25 cents? That's amazing!
I adored washing and putting away my coming-baby's things. . .I loved being reminded of that by your sweet photos.

Jodi said...

You did a lovely job! So glad to visit your blog. :)

Julian said...

oh my goodness ! How sweet is that? I am so excited to see this wee babe! I know you and your family are very much so. A few more days! :)
christina

Charity Dawn said...

It's beautiful! You did a wonderful job. I'm so glad that we went to those "last" sales so you could find that dresser;o)What a perfect size for your slanted ceiling. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!!

Ana said...

I love Smi-noh! :)

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So precious, the wee baby things!

I am a new, first time Grandma of a baby girl, a wee petite thing....just born two days ago. What a precious time for your family.

I will pray that God will help you in your labor and that you will soon be holding that sweet boy in your arms!

Great find in the dresser - it looks great!